In honor of Betty Barr, the founder of Children’s Dentistry, who will be retiring this month; we would like to provide a financial scholarship to a current Children’s Dentistry patient. The patient must be attending college in the fall of 2015. Please see the following instruction to apply.
Dr. Betty Barr Scholarship for Higher Education
Deadline: May 31st
Awarded: June 15th
- Current High School Senior
- Current Children’s Dentistry of Westminster patient (Seen in the last year)
- Proof of college attendance for fall of 2015 (copy of acceptance letter, college ID or other form stating commitment)
Betty Barr always exemplified these three characteristics: integrity, perseverance and hard-work. Write an essay citing specific examples that describe how you best represent the three qualities listed above. Essay should be typed, no less than 600 words and no more than 1200.
- How do you demonstrate Integrity
- How do you demonstrate Perseverance
- How do you demonstrate Hard-work
Selection and Notification
All applicants must submit their essay to Children’s Dentistry of Westminster by May 31st to be considered. Dr. Betty, Dr. Nelle and Dr. Sean will review the applicants and select the winner that best demonstrates integrity, perseverance and hard-work. We will let you know via phone whether you will receive the $500 scholarship. The scholarship will be mailed to the address provided once we have confirmed the recipient.
Include your full name, address and phone number at the top of essay. Mail or personally deliver to:
Children’s Dentistry of Westminster
5150 W 80th Ave
Westminster, CO 80030